Have you failed to clean your lawn furniture, driveway, or other areas in and around your house with repeated scrubbing and chemical use? Hard grease and dirt can be very hard to get rid of. No matter how much you try to scour or scrub them, it is tough to get rid of the dirt altogether.
Pressure washers are what can work well here. You can invest in a pressure washer attachment for a garden hose to eradicate the stubborn dirt in your furniture and home. Turn the garden hose into a pressure washer and clean different surfaces without damaging them.
Below are our top choices for pressure washer attachment for a garden hose that you can purchase for effective cleaning.
Table of Contents
Factors to Consider While Buying Pressure Washer Attachment for Garden Hose
A high-pressure garden hose has to endure a lot of pressure from the water that they contain. Due to the intensity of the use, the attachment may get damaged quickly. It can be quite expensive to invest in pressure water attachments after a few uses.
There are some factors that you need to consider while you are buying a pressure washer wand for a garden hose. The primary factor in a pressure water hose is its durability, which is quite different from your standard garden hose.
Below mentioned are the important considerations without which you cannot buy a quality pressure washer attachment for garden hose.
The length of the washer will determine how portable it is. What is the distance that you need to cover with the hose? If your washer is electrically powered, then you will have to stay near the outlet.
Depending on the space and distance for which you need to use the washer, you will have to choose the length. Make sure that you can move around freely and clean the required areas without restrictions.
Without the proper length, you may have to move your setup continuously to clean the desired areas. Too big a hose could also create a mess while you are cleaning.
There are three widths of most garden hoses, and you can choose from them, depending on your requirement. A small hose has a diameter of ¼”. This can be used for power washers with a pressure rating of up to 3200 psi.
A medium-sized hose has a diameter of 5/16” and can be used for pressures ranging between 2700 and 3600 psi. A large diameter hose is about 3/8” whose pressure withstanding capacity is up to 10,000 psi.
High-pressure water hoses are made primarily from three kinds of materials – Rubber, PVC Plastic, and Polyurethane. The durability and flexibility of the hose will be based on the kind of material that you choose. The most commonly used material is PVC Plastic, which is quite durable but lacks proper flexibility.
Rubber water hoses are more flexible but also quite heavy than plastic ones. The one drawback to rubber hoses is that you can get black marks across your surface from dragging the hose around.
Polyurethane is very new and offers more flexibility than rubber hoses. The hoses are equipped with a plastic casing, which is bendable and clear.
Best Pressure Washer Attachment for Garden Hose
Sun Joe electric pressure washer is designed to provide you with extreme ease and clean several surfaces. Very highly recommended for driveway and car cleaning, this washer can make the whole scrubbing process easier for you. Now you do not have to spend hours cleaning different areas of your house.
A very portable and lightweight model, the Sun Joe can be stored and carried around very easily. Equipped with a powerful motor, the pressure of the hose is very strong, easy to operate; the machine can be started by just pushing one button.
Producing water pressure up to 2030 psi, the Sun Joe electric pressure washer is one of the best in the market.
- Perfect for different jobs
- High durability
- The maximum pressure level is 2030 psi
- Affordable price range
- Available replacement parts
- Wheels are extra large
- It takes time to use in a large area
- Assembling the unit is time-consuming.
The Karcher electric power pressure washer is suitable only for light-duty tasks. The cold pressure washer gives a pressure rating of up to 1600 psi. If you are looking for a pressure washer to clean the garage floor or car, then this is the perfect option for you.
The water output of the pump is about 1.25 gallons per minute, which can help you save a lot on your water bill. Using the 120-Volt AC standard outlet, the pressure washer will work smoothly without any interruptions.
The best thing about this is the water pressure can be adjusted very easily. Hence, the pressure washer can be used for many different tasks.
- Lightweight unit
- Equipped with child safety lock
- Equipped with GFCI
- Affordable unit
- Features a high handle
- Equipped with Siphon capability so that standing water can be pulled
- Only suitable for light-duty tasks
- The connector is made from plastic.
With a pressure of 3000 psi, the Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S is a very strong contender in this category. The 10 inches tire, and the two heeled design of the pressure washer makes it quite easy to maneuver in any location.
It is attached with a 25-foot hose. The washer gives you access to a large area for cleaning. You will not have to worry about getting restricted with the hose size. This provides a completely uninterrupted cleaning experience.
Five different kinds of nozzles are provided with this pressure washer. Using these nozzles, you can clean small areas and even difficult angles. A very lightweight option, you can carry the washer to another location without any difficulty.
A handle is located at the top of the washer, which can be used to drag the device to different areas. It can be used for different types of cleaning tasks and any surface that you want.
- The engine is very powerful
- The water flow capacity is up to 3000 psi
- Equipped with a spray gun that can be used to assess small spaces
- Options for multiple nozzles used for different angles
- Non-adjustable psi which can difficult to use in soft surfaces
- Lack of detergent tank
The Generac Speedwash 7122 is used primarily for heavy-duty cleaning tasks and has a water pressure capacity of 3200 psi. According to the manufacturer, this unit can clean spaces 50% faster than any other pressure washer. The gas-powered unit comes with many free accessories, which can make your cleaning process easier.
There are different types of nozzles that can be used to clean different areas, even the ones where access is very limited. No matter how much grime and dirt you need to clean, it can be easily done with the help of this heavy-duty pressure washer.
With high flexibility and durability, you can use the pressure washer for a long time. You will need a compatible garden hose to use this pressure washer effectively.
- Very user-friendly unit
- Can be used very easily as the controls are situated in one place
- The wheels are flat and are very reliable
- Can be used on any terrain without any difficulty
- Different types of nozzles available with the unit, which helps to clean different areas
- Very durable, high-quality, and flexible device
- Comes with many free cleaning accessories
- CARB compliant
- The warranty cannot be transferred
- The design can go through many improvements
- Maintaining and handling it can be hard for first-time users.
Equipped with a Honda GX390 engine, the Simpson Cleaning ALH4240 is suitable for most surfaces. The water pressure capacity can be adjusted, which makes it suitable for soft and hard surfaces both. The range of water pressure can be set between 1000 and 4200 psi.
The unit comes with an in-built detergent system that pushed the cleaning products directly into the water system. This makes cleaning more efficient and easy. You can use the unit to clean hard stains which are otherwise irremovable by hand.
You can adjust the hosing length according to the cleaning area. The unit can also be moved easily so you can cover a large area as well.
- The pressure of the wand can be adjusted according to the surface you are cleaning
- The length of the hose can be adjusted according to the area that you are about to cover
- The hose is kink-resistant and has steel-braid reinforcement to avoid any problems with storage
- The frame of the unit is very minimal which does not provide much protection
- The fitting of the hose can be problematic for some people
- There are only two wheels, which can provide less support to the unit
The Generac gas pressure washer is another heavy-duty device that is also lightweight. A very versatile device, you can adjust the pressure of the device with the use of the power dial located in the wand. This compact device can be stored very easily when not in use.
The frame of the unit is very light, and it comes with 2-wheels. You can drag the unit around the surface with the help of the handle located on the top. The wheels are quite sturdy and can be used on any terrain.
With a total water pressure of 3100 psi, the pressure washer is quite powerful. The 12 inches extension of the power broom is useful for larger surfaces.
- A gas-powered model
- Gives much more effective performance than any electric powered model
- The start system is lithium-ion electric with a recoil backup
- The wand comes with a power dial to adjust the water pressure
- Auto choke system
- Lightweight model at just 60 pounds
- Comes with a power broom which can make large area cleaning easy and quick
- The connection of the wand holster to the frame is very weak
- The hose is rear-facing, which might make moving difficult for the user
The Simpson cleaning PS3228 PowerShot is a very powerful machine with 14 horsepower. Suitable for commercial use as well, you can easily use it for heavy-duty residential cleaning. The engine of the unit provides optimum performance, and the durability of the machine is also very high.
The water pressure of the washer is up to 3200 psi, which is very powerful, and the flow rate of the washer is 2.8 gallons per unit. With a cleaning speed of 8960 units, you can quickly get rid of all the muck and dirt from your space.
Equipped with five different types of nozzles, you can clean any area you like. Even the areas that were hard to reach before can be cleaned with the use of a suitable nozzle. A space for storing the nozzles, spray gun, and the hose is present along with the unit. The design of the pressure washer is very sturdy and durable, which makes it a good investment.
- The unit is perfect for regular usage and also for heavy duty cleaning tasks
- The tires are air-filled and huge, which makes it suitable for harsh terrains as well
- The water pressure of the unit is up to 3200 psi, which is quite powerful
- The flow rate of the device is 2.8 GPM and can be used for cleaning stubborn dirt
- With proper maintenance, the device can be used for a long time without any issues
- The engine of the washer is very strong and powerful and will not fail easily
- A very versatile unit, it can also be used for commercial purposes
- The unit is quite heavy and can be difficult to carry around
- The fuel emits an odor from the packaging box
- There are very limited numbers of service centers for this product
- The price of the washer is very high as compared to other models
1. Do you need a garden hose for a pressure washer?
Yes, you need a garden hose to connect and use the pressure washer. Pressure washers are designed in such a way that you need to first connect it to a garden hose. The hose is then connected to a faucet or tap.
Without the garden hose, you will not be able to directly connect the pressure washer to the water source. The source of water can change from a faucet to any other device. However, you will require the garden hose to draw water and use the pressure washer effectively.
2. How to make a garden hose into a pressure washer?
You can turn the garden hose into a pressure washer to clean stubbornly much that would not be possible with your standard water pressure. The garden hose can be attached to different pressure washers available in the market. There are different brands of a pressure washer, which has different water pressure capacity.
A standard garden hose will not produce enough pressure to use for heavy-duty cleaning. You will need a strong water force that can only be derived from a pressure washer. Find replacements which can be perfectly connected to your garden hose to turn it into a pressure washer.
3. How to connect the pressure washer gun to the garden hose?
The process of connecting the pressure washer to your garden hose is not that difficult. If this is your first time, then it can be quite confusing. All you need to do is make sure the garden hose and pressure washer have compatible connectors.
You need to find the right pressure washer wand for the garden hose that you use. Once you have that, it is just a matter of a few minutes before you can start using your garden hose. If the connectors do not fit, then the two pipes may not be compatible.
4. Can you use a garden hose on a pressure washer?
Yes, you can use a garden hose on a pressure washer, but it will depend on the quality. You cannot use the normal garden hose that you use for watering plants. Pressure washers exert high-pressure water, which can cause leakage in the normal garden hose.
You can find some of the best gardens hoses for pressure washers in the market. If you are focusing on everyday cleaning, then it is better to invest in a high-quality garden hose and pressure washer to make your unit complete.
Choosing the best pressure washer attachment can be quite challenging. There are many factors to be considered, and you do not want to end up with the wrong product before you make your choice to make sure that all the boxes are ticked.
Check the material, washer pressure capacity, connector type, and other important factors. Investing in a durable, high-quality pressure washer can change your cleaning style completely. You can also find the best garden hose for a pressure washer to enhance the whole cleaning experience.
You can find some of the best pressure washer wands for garden hose in our guide above. This will help you in making the right choice.
James Fields is the founder of Gardener to Farmer. His passion for gardening goes back to his childhood days when he would visit his grandfather during the holidays and help him with the plants in the backyard. This has now translated to creating a dependable resource for gardening.