Do you have a passion for gardening? Are you fed up with getting dirt and fertilizer stains on your clothes? Is it cumbersome to carry all your gardening tools manually? Do you wish to make your gardening experience simpler?
We’re sure that you affirmed all the above questions if you are newly fostering the wonders of gardening. However, even experienced gardeners are haunted by the idea of carrying their gardening essentials manually.
The answer to all your gardening related problems is getting gardening aprons with pockets. Believe it or not, a gardening apron is the most important gardening essentials. Gardening aprons come in varying sizes, shapes, and colors. You can also get a custom gardening apron to best suit your needs.
Gardening aprons are essential because they protect you and your clothes from dirt that you’ll encounter. They also provide protection from harmful fertilizers and potentially dangerous bugs.
If you’re convinced that a gardening apron can be your saving grace, you can find our top picks in our list below. In case you’re not sure, we have made a buyer’s guide that will help you understand the necessity of these products.
Read on to get more insights about the best gardening aprons along their pros and cons. You will also get a comprehensive guide to list down the major features to check upon for the suitable harvest apron.
Our Favorite Gardening Aprons
We conducted extensive research and picked the best gardening aprons that will serve multiple purposes. Here is a list of all the products. You can click on the name of each product to read a detailed review.
- Dickies 16-Pocket Workshop Bib Apron
- BOJECHER Garden Apron for Work
- Typhon East Garden Apron with Pockets – Heavy Duty Set
- SXBBSMC Garden Apron with Silicone Thumb Knife Set
- ESINGMILL Heavy Duty Adjustable Harvest Garden Apron
Detailed Review of our Top Picks
Buying a harvest apron is an easy task. However, with an overwhelming list of products to choose from, choosing an apron that will suit your needs becomes a tad tricky. It is not only because of the wide options available but also to pick one which is meets our requirements.
We conducted all-embracing research and were, therefore, able to narrow down the choices to five. The following reviews should help you get the best out of your investment and make gardening nicer and easier for you. So, without further ado, let us get into the detailed reviews.
Dickies is an extremely reliable brand when it comes to working protection gear. This is one of the most popular gardening aprons on the internet. In all honesty, we agree with its popularity, as this gardening apron has earned it.
The Dickies Bib Apron is made of heavy-duty, durable canvas, which allows it to be extremely sturdy. A canvas construction increases the durability and the premium feel of the product. The design of this apron ensures full-body coverage and protection from gardening hazards.
The canvas material feels great. It also holds the capability of holding the heaviest and sharpest of tools without causing any considerable damage to the product. The apron also has webbing-reinforced pockets and edges to protect the apron against premature obsolesce.
The product claims to feature 16 pockets on the bib and all around the apron. It features 3 large pouch-style pockets, 3 chest pockets, and 10 smaller slip pockets. There is also scope for additional storage, which is perfect for gardening essentials storage.
This gardening apron with pockets comes with an adjustable belt feature that can be used by people of varied waist sizes. It weighs 8.8 ounces, which is extremely lightweight for such a heavy construction. This gardening apron is made to look a lot like workshop aprons. It is available in two colors – black and tan.
- Durable Canvas: The apron is made of heavy-duty canvas, which can last for years. The look and feel of this apron are premium.
- Reinforced Edges: To increase the product’s durability, this apron has reinforced edges that will last for a long time.
- Adjustable Belt: The adjustable belt makes it usable for people from waist size 32-inch to 52-inch.
- 16 pockets: The most important thing to take care of while buying gardening aprons with pockets is to make sure that the product you like has enough pockets. 16 pockets seem like an ideal deal for any gardening venture.
- Additional Storage: A webbing tool loop is attached on either side of this apron. This helps to carry that extra tool that won’t fit in the pockets.
Lightweight: When you’ll be working with tools in your apron, a lightweight apron will help you manage the weight hanging from your body.
- The adjustable belt has an awkward positioning
- Some pockets are not handy
- Advertised as a workshop bib apron
Whether you’re looking for a mens gardening apron or a ladies gardening apron with pockets, this is a great product. This powerful apron is also one of the most popular gardening aprons on the internet, and for a good reason.
The apron has a universal size of 23 x 24 inches (width x height) and can be used by both men and women. It can fit from any waist size to a maximum of 47.2-inch waist size, which is a considerably versatile range.
The BOJECHER Garden Apron is a versatile tool that can be used not just for gardening but also for carpentry, welding, cooking, etc. This is so because of its full-body coverage and high-quality built material.
This gardening apron is made of a 600D oxford cloth, which is waterproof and extremely durable. The cloth is extremely sturdy and does not have any pungent smell that might interrupt your work. The material is also comfortable and breathable, which is necessary for hot days. It also has reinforced edges that will protect it from wear and tear.
The apron boasts of 14 pockets of varying sizes. The location of each pocket is extremely handy, and they’re all easy to reach. The apron can easily accommodate bulky and heavy tools like hammers, knives, wrenches, etc. You don’t have to worry about carrying things while gardening with this apron.
Other than the 14 pockets, the adjustable neck and waist straps can carry extra weight that you might need to carry. They have a double-sticking design for extra protection and durability. At only 10.5 ounces, this is a considerably lightweight gardening apron.
- Water-resistant, heavy material construction: The 600D Oxford cloth used to make this apron is waterproof, handy in gardening. The sturdy cloth has reinforced edging. Both things combined, this apron becomes durable and suitable for rough use.
- Practical Design: The product is ergonomically designed. The pockets and straps are placed so that they’re all easy to use and extremely practical.
- Multiple pockets: This gardening apron features multiple deep enough pockets to not let your tools fall off. They can carry scissors, pliers, flashlights, and hammers, among other tools.
- Adjustable Strap Length: Since this is a unisex gardening apron that caters to a huge variety of waist and height sizes, it features an adjustable strap. What this does is that it can adjust the height and tightness of the apron.
- Guarantee and Warranty: The product offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty against quality-related problems.
- Even with adjustable length, the apron is a little small for taller people.
- The neck strap is heavy and is rather scratchy.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty gardening apron that will last you a lifetime, Typhon East has the product for you. Not only will this product be safe for a long period, but it will also give you more protection than any other gardening apron out there.
This apron covers the entire body and goes a step further than that. It comes with knee pads for extra protection. If you need to kneel on the grass, but your apron doesn’t reach your knees, the knee pads will protect them from scraping. These knee pads are foamed and will take the pressure off pruning, digging, and planting.
A dirt masking brown color ensures that you don’t have to worry about your apron sustaining permanent stains. This apron anyway needs less maintenance as it is made of a wear-resistant, smooth, and waterproof material. This increases the durability and productivity of the gardening apron with pockets.
Speaking of pockets, This apron features 6 large sized pockets. These are heavy-duty wear-resistant pockets that can take more weight than you can put into them. A zipped pocket on top accommodates your phone as well.
This product is a great mens gardening apron as well as a ladies gardening apron with pockets. This is because it has an adjustable buckle strap that can fit a variety of body sizes. This heavy-duty gardening apron weighs about 23 ounces.
- Provides full-body coverage: This apron is pretty long and can protect full-body coverage with only its length
- Extra protection: With the comfortable knee pads that come with the package, you do not have to worry about limping back to your house. This is the most protection that you can get with a gardening apron.
- Waterproof: Gardening can be a damp process. Having a waterproof apron gives you full protection from anything that can come your way.
- Durable: This gardening apron is extremely durable because of its high-quality built. The brown color also keeps the appearance of the apron intact and protects from obsolesce.
- Adjustable buckle: An adjustable buckle makes the apron ideal for use by multiple people.
Guarantee and Warranty: The product offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty against quality-related problems.
- Heavyweight: At 23 ounces, this is a pretty heavyweight gardening apron. This is particularly disadvantageous because it becomes an unnecessary burden, along with tools.
- Less number of pockets: Even though the existing pockets are extremely deep and can hold everything you might need, organizing essentials becomes difficult when everything is stuffed in one large pocket.
Here’s a product that is not just high on utility but also high on aesthetics. If you’re looking for the ideal ladies gardening apron with pockets, this might be the perfect product for you.
Made of heavy-duty Oxford cloth, this garden apron can hold everything that is put into it. It is also extremely durable. But the unique selling point of this product is that it is beautiful to look at. It is a green-colored apron with black flowers printed on it, and the magnificence does not stop at its beauty. The material is cut-resistant, waterproof, durable, and breathable.
Made of splendid material, this gardening apron has 14 pockets that are of varied sizes. These pockets can hold scissors, spray bottles, tools, as well as a silicon finger knife and an anti-cutting finger sleeve.
Speaking of a silicon finger knife and an anti-cutting finger sleeve, the apron comes with these two tools. This is great because the knife helps cut the extra and small twigs or plants and pick fruits and vegetables.
The stainless-steel knife has an arc blade design that is comfortable to wear. To protect you from accidentally cutting your finger, you can slip on the anti-cutting finger sleeve and have a safe gardening experience.
This gardening apron includes an adjustable strap that can be adjusted from 28 inches to 52 inches. This makes it suitable for use by almost anyone who might be interested in gardening. The overall weight of the apron is 10.6 ounces.
- Silicon thumb and anti-cutting finger sleeves: The inclusion of a gardening tool is great. The small size of this tool makes it easy to fit into any pocket. The anti-cutting finger sleeve makes the gardening experience safer.
- High-quality material: The oxford material is durable and reliable. Products made of this material are suitable for long usage.
- Waterproof: The material is also waterproof, which will enhance your gardening experience.
- The quality of the product could be made better. Other products on this list are more heavy-duty.
- The color reduces the durability of the product since green can be easily stained by mud.
Having a harvest apron in your garden essentials is perfect if you grow fruits and vegetables. This product is a great pick if you’re looking for a way to carry all your harvest and still have both your hands-free.
This product is made of heavy-duty 420D nylon fiber, which is waterproof and durable. It can carry up to 55lb of harvests such as apples, berries, and vegetables. You can easily carry your harvest without having to carry a barrow or extra bag.
Since this harvest apron is made to carry a lot of weight, but your neck isn’t, a solution is built into the product. The apron has a back cross strap that distributes the weight pressure to your shoulder, neck, and back. This makes the picking process more comfortable.
The other unique selling point of this apron is that it comes with clawed gloves and a carbon steel scissor. The clawed gloves are ideal for when you need to dig into the soil or mud to get hold of vegetables. The knife helps in picking ripe fruits and vegetables.
The harvest apron has double-stitched seams that contribute to the durability of the product. It also has adjustable straps so that you can have the most comfortable harvesting experience.
- Material: The 420D nylon fiber is as reliable and sturdy as it can be, giving you a safe harvesting time.
- Back cross straps: For work as labor-intensive as picking harvest, the load on shoulders can be too much. The back-cross straps distribute weight and release pressure from your shoulders.
- Clawed gloves and steel knives: Clawed gloves are a gardening essential, and having them included in the package is highly advantageous.
- This product only has a single harvest collection pouch. There are no other pockets.
- The product is durable but cannot withstand a huge harvest.
A Detailed Buyer’s Guide
Now that you’ve gone through our review of best five gardening aprons, you must be wondering how to determine which one to buy. If that is the case, we’ve got you covered. Now, based on your requirements, select one and start enjoying hassle-free gardening time.
Below, you will find an extensive buyer’s guide that will walk you through the exact things you should look at before buying a gardening apron with pockets. Knowing all these things is important because a gardening apron will probably last you a long time. For something durable, you should be sure about what you’re buying.
Aprons, in general, are protective garments that help you save yourself from spills and dirt. Gardening aprons do the same thing. They protect you from the dirt, mud, and fertilizers that you might use while gardening.
While you could wear special gardening clothes, a gardening apron also helps protect and prolong your gardening clothes’ life. Not just that, most aprons are waterproof, so you can water your plants without any worries.
Other than protectiveness, these aprons also give you space to carry you all your gardening tools. Carrying and remembering to carry all your tools is an extensive job. A good gardening apron with pockets will do the job for you.
With all that in mind, you must buy an apron that suits the kind of work you do. If you generally do not water plants, you need not get a waterproof apron. If you don’t dig, you can do it with a light material apron. Similarly, if you only cut twigs here and there, you don’t need to carry a lot of equipment. In that case, you can buy a gardening apron with a smaller number of pockets. But if you’re an expert who does everything and needs lots of tools, you should get an apron with the maximum number of pockets.
Getting an apron made with a very strong material is a must. This is necessary because gardening apron with pockets serve extremely rough purposes. Not only will this apron be exposed to rough shrubs and mud, but it will also store tools.
Most gardening tools like scissors and pruners are sharp. If your apron is not built to sustain such sharpness and pressure, you’ll have to change it within no time. There is no use of an apron that will not last for a long time.
A double-stitched material like ducked canvas or 600D oxford material is great. This is because these materials are thicker than others and are inherently cut-resistant. Other great materials are denim, and rubberized canvas is great.
Waterproof properties of the material are also necessary. After all, if the apron cannot keep your inner clothes dry, what purpose is it even serving? Most materials that are used to make gardening aprons can be made to be waterproof.
Choosing something as essential as a gardening apron with respect to color seems redundant, doesn’t it? However, that is not the case. We will explain why.
Your apron’s color matters because a darker, muddy colored looking color will reduce the washing frequency. The less a piece of cloth is washed, the longer I will last. But regardless, not having to frequently wash your apron is a great advantage.
Low maintenance aprons are usually brown or tan colored. The mud marks blend right in and do not make the apron look weathered after only a few months’ use.
You should strictly stay away from lighter colors, even if the material is machine washable. Lighter colored aprons stain easily and start looking ugly and old after only a little while. For the same reason, you should avoid patterns and designs. They will last for a long time and will only exaggerate stains.
The most popular and durable colors are tan, brown, dark orange, dark beige, and denim blue. You should also avoid it since it is undoubtedly dark but does not hide stains well.
The most important feature of gardening aprons is pockets. There is nothing as defining as the number and size of pockets in gardening aprons. The more the pockets, the better the apron. However, it’s not only the number that matters.
Pockets in gardening aprons should be of varied sizes. Uniformity of pocket-size in gardening aprons makes next to no sense. Different sized pockets help in organizing and segregating.
A handy zippered pocket on the top is great for holding your cell phone. However, the best of the pockets must be deep and sturdy. Smaller pockets can be used to hold smaller tools like finger-sleeves and silicon cutters. Larger lockets can be used to carry tools like flashlight, hammer, pliers, and pruners.
Any gardening apron with pockets should have double-stitched pockets. Any other kind of reinforcement is fine too. However, it is crucial that the pockets can sustain holding sharp objects like scissors. If the pockets tear, there is no point in continuing using the apron.
The pockets of the placement should be logical. All the pockets should be handy so that you can reach them easily at all times.
Gardening aprons come in two types – full coverage aprons and half coverage waist aprons. Waist aprons are also referred to as gardening belts. The kind of apron you require completely depends on the kind of work you do in your garden.
If you already own gardening clothes and only need something to carry your tools, a gardening belt will work for you. However, if you’re going to do intensive gardening without gardening clothes, you should get full coverage aprons.
Full-sized aprons have an upper side that is secured around your neck. Gardening belts, on the other hand, are worn around the waist. Therefore, if you have arthritis or other back and neck related issues, you should consider gardening belts over full-coverage aprons.
Another important thing to note is that waist aprons have a much lesser number of pockets due to the smaller size.
All good gardening aprons with pockets have adjustable straps and belts. The simple reason behind this is that you might want to loosen the apron during winters when you’re going to be wearing them over sweaters.
Adjustability is also necessary if multiple people might use a single apron. The apron can then be adjusted according to the current user. This increases your garden apron’s cost efficiency as well. Remember, most aprons are universally sized and are unisex. Therefore, adjustability is crucial for aprons that might be used by just about anyone.
Full coverage aprons should have adjustable straps not just around the waist but also around the neck. This will help you alter the size of the apron.
A beautiful apron that fits you well and has multiple pockets but does not have an ergonometric build is useless. Things that constitute the apron’s usability are the right placement of pockets and the right size, among others. The following few ergonometric properties that should inherently be met.
- Weight of the apron: You should always get a lightweight apron. This is because the lighter the apron, the more tools you can carry without putting too much pressure on your body.
- Weight distribution: The way a gardening apron with pockets or a harvest apron distributes weight throughout your body is necessary. Cross-backed straps help in full body weight distribution instead of putting pressure on only the neck or shoulders.
- Placement of pockets: All pockets should be placed in a way that they are easily accessible. If pockets are placed towards the back of your shoulders, you will not be able to use them, and their existence will only increase the number of pockets on the apron.
Suitable for All Seasons
It’s highly unlikely that you’re going to wear a different apron in winter than the one you wear in summer. Like we know that gardening requires lot of manpower and is tiring. Therefore, getting an apron that is suitable to use in all seasons is great.
Thick waterproof material helps to keep the cold winters under control while summers require breathable fabrics. Thich cotton materials like duck canvas are great for all seasons. This is because they’re thick as well as breathable.
With this, you can adjust to the weather and work smoothly without the hinderance of climate.
Out of the 5 gardening aprons detailed above, it is difficult to choose one that can suit users of different choices. However, BOJECHER Garden Apron for Work seems to be best among them all.
This specific gardening apron with pockets is chosen above others because of its superior material quality. This apron fits all needs as it is length and width adjustable, has 14 well-placed pockets, and is waterproof. This is a well-adjusted apron that can be used by both men and women and is versatile in its usage. It is an overall practical, efficient, and reliable gardening apron that will serve all your gardening protection purposes.
Gardening aprons are essential to have a wonderful and safe gardening experience. Carrying tools and not worrying about your clothes getting dirty makes gardening a nice experience.
Whether you’re an experienced gardener or are only learning the basics of this splendid hobby, having a gardening apron with pockets is crucial. There is a wide variety of aprons online that you can choose from. Therefore, keeping a few things in mind before you enhance your gardening experience by buying a gardening apron is necessary.
Always make sure that your apron is well-adjusted and can hold all your tools without causing discomfort in your body. A dark-colored apron with plenty of well-placed pockets made of a sturdy material will last you a long time.
Keeping everything explained in the article in mind, you should make the best purchase now. So, go on, and enhance gardening with a gardening apron!