This is the second year that I've been invited to attend P Allen Smith's Garden2Blog event. I kinda doubt I will be invited again. Let's just say that I was a little out of control. I ran amok, if you will...I was on hottie overload. Here's what it resulted in:
- Tag teaming with Amanda Thomsen to catch a live chicken
- Getting in to Allen's copper bathtub (while clothed) and having him pretend to bathe me
- Telling a camera crew that Allen should consider making his home into a Dollywood style theme park
- Being a part of a team that created a beautiful container filled with luscious plants, then naming it the "Purple Cram It" (no, it's not for the reason you think, dirty minds, Amanda crammed a whole lot of plants in it...and we won "Best Eye Candy", though I'm not sure if that was for the plants or us girls)
- Made multiple attendees pose for ridiculous pictures featuring my hat. Let me just add that I am sure the alcohol made the coercion a lot easier.
- Partnered with Amanda to finish the Proven Winners Scavenger Hunt (it's their 20th anniversary!), only to race her to the finish line, up a steep hill that had just been watered. Dude, we had the same answers...we worked on it together...what's up with the running?
Did I have fun, you ask? Hell-to-the-yes I did! And I will post pics of the pretty gardeny stuff too...but right now, I am going to share a video I created called "Garden2Blog II: Revenge of the Hat. Enjoy.
Oh and if you want to see the other (probably a lot more professional posts about Garden2Blog, I'll post the links below as I get them. Keep checking back for more P Allen Smith gardeny-goodness.
Grumpy Gardener Sings "Ring of Fire" (see, I'm not the only one who did stuff that will prevent them from inviting me back)
"DISCLOSURE: Attendees at Garden2Blog 2012 including myself received transportation, accommodations and meals during the event. Event sponsors provided samples and product giveaways at no cost or obligation. All opinions are my own."