Recently, Proven Winners sponsored me on a trip to see their trial gardens. I've been writing about it on the Proven Winners' blog (where I am the National Garden Guru). While I was there, I saw the most gorgeous new introductions for 2012. And rather than ramble on with words (as I usually do) I am going to show you with photos:
1) Colorblaze® Keystone Kopper™: Alright, I have to start by admitting that this first one won't actually be out until 2013. But I am so in love with it that I can't wait to tell you about it! This gorgeous coleus can grow in sun or shade...and even as a houseplant. The combination of copper and purple hues makes this a real standout!
2) Sweet Caroline Raven Ipomoea: First of all, I have to say that I LOVE sweet potato vine! It is wonderfully lush and colorful. I am planning on combining Keystone Kopper with Raven for killer container color. Here's a shot of Raven with Superbells® Plum Calibrachoa.
3) Hibiscus Summerific™ Cranberry Crush: The deep red of these flowers make this an absolute must have. They are so dark when in bud form, they look almost black.
4) Decadence™ 'Lemon Meringue' and 'Dutch Chocolate': I'm cheating and including two plants for #4 because they are both so yummy. 'Lemon Meringue' is a gorgeous shade of yellow that can be a challenge to find in a perennial and 'Dutch Chocolate' serves as a great companion plant. It has beautiful chocolate flowers with yellow throats.
5) Sunsatia® Lemon Nemisia: This little beauty is extremely floriferous and can be used in sun or part sun. It's color is so bright...a great combination plant for a container that includes Sweet Caroline Raven.
If you'd like to see more 2012 introductions, check out my Proven Winners plant trials video from last spring. You'll see lots of gorgeous varieties!